Friday, June 4, 2010

2-Listensing Matters

All of the kids have shown keen interest in learning computers. From drawing in MS Paint, playing games ,to listening songs. When discussing about topics related to their life, they express themselves freely, without the notion that they may be wrong. They simply tell what they know. One thing I observed is that listening is vital in making the kids 'to think.'They don't have any fear that they may not be doing it good enough or right. We also had discussions about issues related to their life, ranging from home , society, village , to environment. It was interesting that they all held some view about what should/shouldn't be done. Ranjeet Kaur, who had failed last year is opening up slowly. I found that she is quite motivated about her religion. One thing I would like to tell you is that, I don't direct any student to do something, they chose their own interest. I simply, help them identify it. I am sure, in a week or two even Ranjeet will start to express her freely about topics of her interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment