Sunday, June 6, 2010

3-Be a Friend

We don't think twice before talking any rubbish to our good friend. Similarly, why should a student think twice to ask about something to his/her teacher. That's why,according to me a teacher should be the best friend of a student. Ranjit Kaur now considers me her friend. She shares quite personal things of her family with me. I show keen interest in her home affairs. It is very important to understand the environment of a kid before understanding why he or she is not scoring good on exams. From last two hours she has been drawing a flower in MS paint. I can see how much she has immersed herself into it. Her confidence level has increased dramatically.
It was appaling for me when everyone said it is okay to beat a kid when he or she doesn't study properly or does somthing wrong. it would have been okay if a 5+ years experienced teacher would have said. But, these were the kids. Thus, now I am working on an experiment to see how a non-voilent punishment can make a kid feel guilty about his/her mistake. I will explain my observation to you later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment